Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DIY window box cornices

Check out this post from Ohdeedoh today entitled, "What a difference a Curtain Makes". There are many examples of different kinds of window treatments, including box cornices, like I made for Drew's room, which they feature here.


This truly was a super easy project that anyone can do. The great thing is that when you get tired of the fabric, you simple just need to take out the pins and replace with new fabric.

1. Buy a sheet of foam board from Home Depot

2. Carefully measure then cut the foam (tip...this is messy...do it outside and NOT on the carpet! I think I'm still vacumming up particles)

3. Glue the end pieces on and then to make sure they are extra secure, add some sturdy T-pins

4. Cut the fabric and batting in large pieces, then carefully fold and pin around the foam

5. They are light as a feather and hang very easily.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing in our Bonus room, which really is play land for the kids. There isn't enough time in the world for me to do all the projects floating around in my head!

1 comment:

Milliscent Morgan said...

Lovely this is what I'm trying to look forward for any blogs so amazing as well as buy window treatments. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...