Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Monday, April 11, 2011

My mantle & Craigslist projects

Inspired by Nicole over at Me Oh My (she has such fab taste...I want to copy her entire home - check out her blog if you've never seen it), I loved her chevron print over her mantle. Since I have a newly found love for painting, this seemed like a project right up my ally! Check out how it turned out:

Yes, it took forever.

In the same room, this is my $20 mirror from Craigslist that I painted white. It sits on the same wall as the chevron print, on the other side of our media center. It's a perfect spot for this fun mirror.

This console table was also a Craigslist find for only $25. It was brass, but I was really attracted to the shape. I got some steel wool and spray paint, and wah-lah! This entry wall isn't done with it's facelift yet. I have some raspberry printed wallpaper on its way. I think it will look really great in this little "nook".
Those retro lamps I got for $20 (for the pair). They were Pepto pink, but in great condition. There is a little light at the bottom that illuminates through the fabric on the bottom (like a nightlight) on the first switch. I'm not sure what I'll do with the shades yet. My dining chairs that are being re-upholstered as we speak are cream, so this may come together nicely.

The sideboard was also a CL steal for $100. It's a nice piece of furniture. It will be the last thing a re-do in that room. Since my color scheme are blues, I was thinking a light gray, with white accents, but I'm not sure yet. Lastly, that's a painting that I'm working on right now.

Hope everyone had a lovely Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...