Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My DIY Advent Calendar

My last project for this Christmas was to do an advent calendar. I knew I wanted to do one this year since the kids were getting old enough to get excited about Christmas. I began to look on Pinterest to get ideas and kind of came up with my own version of a ton of ones I saw.


I went to Home Depot and had a piece of wood cut. I then stained it with this black stain I had left over. I used my Cricut to do the numbers, making the 1, 12, and 24 an inch larger. I thought it would look better if they were not in a perfect line.

After decopage-ing (is that a word?) the numbers on, my hubs helped drill holes through the board.
Here is a stash of knobs I had been collecting over the last couple months. Some are from Home Depot, but most are from the clearance bin at Anthropologie.

I wanted to use golds and silvers as well as hooks and a few colors.

I had myself a little helper during this project.

I hung little bags with goodies as well as candy canes. This project was so fun! Now that I'm done with our advent calendar, I think next year I'll put a lot of time and energy into coming up with really fun activities for each day. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Misty said...

I am your newest follower :) I LOVE this advent calendar! I am obsessed with fun hardware- I just changed ours in our kitchen to a deep purple glass knob :) it's the little things...........

love this blog! so darling

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...